1. Zach’s Open Championship win in 2015 catapulted him into elite company. He is only the sixth person to ever win the Claret Jug at St. Andrews and wear the Green Jacket at the Masters. The other five include Jack Nicklaus, Tiger Woods, Sam Snead, Seve Ballesteros and Nick Faldo. Not bad.
2. Zach and Kim met at their apartment complex outside Orlando in 2000 when she pretended to take out the garbage so she could meet him.
3. Zach is obsessed with the Iowa Hawkeyes (specifically the football team). He has been known to wear a Hawkeye football helmet while watching film from their practices and knows an unhealthy number of stats about each player.
4. The Johnsons named their dog Hogan after Ben Hogan, who is generally considered to be one of the best golfers in the history of the game.
5. Zach absolutely hates rollercoasters. Kim loves them.
6. Zach and his family love the outdoors. They spend a week skiing in Colorado every winter and spend summers in the mountains of North Carolina.
7. In fact, Zach loves Colorado so much that if he weren’t a professional golfer, he’d like to be a ski bum in the mountains somewhere.
8. Zach’s favorite event on the PGA TOUR is the Ryder Cup.
9. If Zach could meet anybody, it would be Chip Gaines. We’re not kidding.
10. The three best decisions Zach has ever made include: 1) marrying Kim; 2) having his three children; and 3) moving to St. Simons Island, Georgia, which he says has a small-town Iowa feel.